1. Is evolution the foundation of modern biology like many militant evolutionists/atheists claim?
2. Is modern biology founded on experiments?
3. Is empirical science founded on experiments?
4. Ernst Mayr was a Harvard biologist and served as director of Harvard's Museum of Comparative Zoology from 1961 to 1970.Mayr was a prominent evolutionist and was referred to as "the Darwin of the 20th century".
Ernst Mayr used the term "macroevolution" and considered it to be a useful scientific term.. The term macroevolution applies mainly to the notion of evolution of whole taxonomic groups over long periods of time.
In 1988, Ernst Mayr wrote in his essay Does Microevolution Explain Macroevolution?:which declared:
Among all the claims made during the evolutionary synthesis, perhaps the one that found least acceptance was the assertion that all phenomena of macroevolution can be ‘reduced to,' that is, explained by, microevolutionary genetic processes. Not surprisingly, this claim was usually supported by geneticists but was widely rejected by the very biologists who dealt with macroevolution, the morphologists and paleontologists. Many of them insisted that there is more or less complete discontinuity between the processes at the two levels—that what happens at the species level is entirely different from what happens at the level of the higher categories. Now, 50 years later the controversy remains undecided. ...In this respect, indeed, macroevolution as a field of study is completely decoupled from microevolution
The prominent British evolutionist Dr. Roger Lewin commented after the 1980 University of Chicago conference entitled “Macroevolution”:
“The central question of the Chicago conference was whether the mechanisms underlying microevolution can be extrapolated to explain the phenomena of macroevolution. … At the risk of doing violence to the positions of some of the people at the meeting, the answer can be given as a clear, No.” [Emphasis added]Was Ernst Mayr wrong when he used the word "macroevolution" in the way he used it? If the term "macroevolution" is wrong-headed, then why was there a conference on it at the University of Chicago? Is the University of Chicago run by creationists?
Dr. Roger Lewin, “Evolution Theory under Fire,” Science. Vol. 210, 21 November 1980. p. 883-887
5. Has there ever been one experiment showing macroevolution happening?
6. If modern biology is founded on experiments and there have been no macroevolution experiments, then how can evolution be the foundation of modern biology? Wishful thinking on the part of evolutionists?